The Excel Sync feature allows users to download a copy of questionnaire(s) to Excel, where they can input their responses and then upload those responses back into DiligenceVault, without having to manually copy and paste. Exporting to Excel is helpful when an investor sends you data-heavy request across multiple products.
You can download an individual project to complete offline from the Project itself.
- Navigate to the Project you would like to download from the Projects page.
- Select "Export/Sync" then "Work Offline & Sync"
- Select "Download" to download the Excel version of your Project. Please note that you do not need to leave this module open while you complete the Project.
- Once you have completed the Project offline, you can navigate back to the Project. Once on the Project, select "Export/Sync" and then "Work Offline & Sync" to reopen the Excel Sync module.
- Click "Select File" and locate the previously completed Excel file. Then click "Upload".
- Once the upload is completed, you will get a message letting you know if there are any errors and how much of the questionnaire was completed.
You can also download projects in bulk from the Excel Sync Center.
- Navigate to "Diligence" >"Excel download"
- Select the Investor, Questionnaire, Dates, and Projects and then Download
- When working with the downloaded Excel file, review instructions and DO NOT MODIFY the file (do not delete columns, tabs, etc.)
- In the file, you’ll see a list of entities and corresponding sheets for all the products/firms included in this download. Each product/firm sheet will have questions that can be populated.
- Once you have populated the file, please upload to "Diligence" > "Excel Upload"
Upload your file by dragging and dropping the file or select 'Select File' to choose your file.
- You’ll see status update for SUCCESS or FAILURE. If the process FAILED for some questions, you can click to see the error messages. You will also receive an email to inform you of the status of your upload.
You can also refer to a short video here: