DiligenceVault uses specific terms inside the platform for different common industry terms. Understanding these terms will help you when navigating DiligenceVault.
- Firms - Asset managers, sub-advisors, or any other responders that typically use DiligenceVault to respond to requestors’ Diligence requests (see below Diligences) or to share their periodic updates. Each entity starts at a Firm level, so even if you do not collect information on a firm level, you will need to map the entity that you collect information on to a Firm.
- Strategies - These can be composites, investment capability or a program, etc. These linked beneath a parent Firm.
- Products - Products in DiligenceVault are funds that you perform diligence on as a requestor.
- Vehicles - These are shareclasses that are linked beneath a Product.
- Contacts - The individuals that are working for the Firms, associated with Products or Vehicles.
- Diligences - The platform has the flexibility to accommodate multiple types of requests and projects including RFI/RFP, DDQ, ad-hoc requests, document requests, and a variety of other quantitative and qualitative requests. The platform is used for both prospective and existing relationships. To keep it simple, we will refer to these requests as “diligences.”